Become a ReStore Volunteer
Interested in retail operations? Volunteer at one of our ReStores!
The ReStore is a retail store that stocks new and gently used home decorating and home improvement products at a deep discount. ReStore volunteers work alongside staff to create a friendly environment for our customers. We have four ReStores that are open seven days a week, giving the most flexible options for volunteers to donate their time.
ReStore Blue Hat Volunteers
Blue Hat ReStore volunteers provide support to help keep the ReStore running smoothly and provide excellent customer service to all our donors and customers. The Blue Hat volunteers work with the managers, staff, and other volunteers to welcome customers, provide current sale information, assist the cashier with sold items, help guide customers through the store, and more.
Requirements for ReStore Blue Hat volunteers:
- Volunteer 4 times and be accepted by the ReStore manager
- Pledge one-year minimum to the program, with a weekly shift commitment (when possible).
- attend training provided by ReStore staff
- self-sufficient, requiring little supervision
- ability to stand for long periods of time
- ability to bend, squat, and lift at least 20 pounds
- great customer service toward donors and ReStore customers
Duties may include
- Act as shift leaders for volunteers at our ReStores.
- Greet the daily volunteers, help get them signed in, and briefed on Dallas Habitat’s mission and programs.
- Guide volunteers in an engaging and safe manner
- Work closely with ReStore Managers and staff to determine the needs of that day and how best to employ volunteers
- Take care of daily tasks, special projects, and supply management
- Help keep the ReStore clean and clutter-free
- Greet customers and interact in a friendly manner, offering assistance when needed.
Benefits for Blue Hat Volunteers
- Your very own Blue Hat
- Be invited to volunteer gatherings and Habitat events
- Enjoy camaraderie with fellow volunteers
- Develop new and existing skills.
- Change families’ lives and help transform neighborhoods
Community Service and Return to Work Volunteers
Do you have community service hours to do for work, school, by court-order, or for benefits? Welcome!
We welcome you; however, you cannot volunteer with Habitat if you are doing court ordered community service of offenses related to theft, aggression, adult crimes involving minors, Arson; Weapons or Forgery.
All volunteers are responsible for making sure their hours are correct by signing in and out on the Volunteer Website and keeping records as requested by their supervisors. Verification of volunteer hours will be available for you to download or print from your account on the volunteer registration page.
ReStore Group Volunteers
Bring your volunteer group out to a ReStore! Volunteer groups typically help build furniture, unload donated household items, organize and clean donations, place items on the sales floor, maintain the cleanliness & organization of the store, and assist customers with carry-outs after purchase.
Volunteer Services will work with your group to find a location, date and time that works for the ReStore and the Group. Each store can accommodate up to 10 per store. Interested groups should contact email@example.com to schedule an event.
- Under 14: not allowed
- 14-15: must have one adult for every 5 youth
- 16 +: allowed alone
ReStore Volunteer Shifts
9:30 am to 1:00 pm
1:30 pm to 5:00 pm
11:30 am to 2:30 pm
2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Find your Local ReStore
6500 Skillman St.
Dallas TX 75231
3546 Forest Lane,
Dallas TX 75234
2800 N. Hampton Rd,
Dallas TX 75212
I30 & Broadway
451 W. Interstate 30,
Garland TX 75043
Other Ways To Connect With The ReStore
Donate goods to Habitat for Humanity ReStore
Donate goods to Habitat for Humanity ReStore to clear clutter and make a difference. Find your local Habitat ReStore to make a donation today.
Volunteer at a Habitat for Humanity ReStore
Volunteering at Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a way to support your community. Contact your local Habitat ReStore to see what opportunities are available.
Do It Yourself
Check out our DIY videos from some of our partners and get started on your home renovation today.